I always have a lot of random thoughts percolating around in my brain. One of the things I wanted to do for NaBloPoMo was some unstructured writing. I had read one of the SOC Sunday posts over at Just Jennifer and wanted to try it and finally, was introduced to Fadra , her blog actually, who is the host of Stream of Consciousness Sunday. I can try a SOC post and get the random thoughts out, all in one.
Obviously I'm not participating in the regular Sunday thing, but am looking forward to the exercise. Not being able to edit or spellcheck will be the biggest challenge. Can't spell, lousy keyboard skills and I always, always edit. Usually quite a few times truth be told.
Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post with Fadra.