Thursday, December 9, 2010

Caramel Apple pudding

     I know I said no more dessert recipes but how can you resist this one. When the temperature outside is freezing, this is the perfect end to any meal. This recipe is from my aunt Karen, the first family recipe I have received since starting the blog.  Hopefully the first of many more to come. Okay, I badgered her a little so I could put up this photo.


The Hanewich Superheroes
My aunt Karen, husband Mark and her three boys, Matt, Mitch and Marsh
I wonder what their super powers are?


Caramel Apple Pudding

Pudding Ingredients
2 apples, cored, leave the skin on and cut into small bite sized pieces
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
** 1/2 raisins or currants
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. melted butter
Directions
Add apples to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Add milk and melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Spread in the bottom of an 8" by 8" deep casserole dish.  There should be at least one inch of space above the apple mixture.
Sauce Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. softened butter             
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups of boiling water
Directions
Mix ingredients in a 4 cup measuring cup and add boiling water.  Stir well and pour over top of the apple mixture.  Bake at 350 F for 30 - 40 minutes until sauce bubbles on the sides.  Serve warm or cold scooping the sauce over top the apple cake.
**If raisins creep you out, add dried cranberries - umm yummy!


     I'll definitely be trying this one out. Thanks again for sharing the recipe Karen. Seriously, who can resist that photo. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I hope you enjoyed your time in the "Kitchen".