Saturday, February 18, 2012

Playin' Around

     Hurray, I'm finally all caught up with all things blog related. Well almost, kinda, okay who am I kidding?
I've been tagged not once but twice in the last couple of weeks, my cousin Rorybore and the lovely Greta (or was it Hansa???) Anyway, I love a good game of tag, better yet Kick the Can, even better still, Kick the Can at night in the dark with the fireflies going all around, but I digress.

    First up Rory's questions

1 Describe yourself in 7 words.
Loyal, fair, clever, loner, curious, clumsy and of course utterly, devastatingly, handsome. (in the dark, with both eyes tightly shut, with a good cloud cover blanking out the moon and stars)

2 What keeps me up at night?
The pitter patter of little and not so little feet. My room aka the cave is directly under the kitchen sink. I can not begin to count the number of times I've been woken up by the midnight "I needed a drink of water" run.

3 Who would I like to be?
When I grow up? Still working on that one but I like being me so....

4 What am I wearing right now?
The orange board shorts I swim in. Don't judge it's laundry day and comfortable and I'm the only one up right now, lazy bas$$$ds.

5 What scares me?
Besides spiders? Probably public speaking or illness. Reaching a point of not being able to take care of myself scares the bejeezus out of me.

6 The best and worst of blogging?
The best, the connections you make. Getting a glimpse into others lives that you would never have met IRL.
The worst, never enough time, or in my case, technical prowess.

7 The last website I visited?
I'm not going to list blogs sites, there are too many and I have three up right now, but actual websites, YouTube for that spider commercial.

8 The one thing I would change about myself?
I'm gonna go superficial on this one and say my teeth. I didn't inherit the Craig mega watt smile, I got the Fisher full head of hair. God divides but I wish I had both.

9 Slankets, yes or no?
No, I'm always warm unless I'm sick, then I'm in bed.

10 Tell us something about the person who tagged you?
My cousin, hmmm what to share? Here's something I haven't shared about her. When we were little, my other cousin Sherry and I were baby sitting her. As a treat, we got to order pizza, big deal for us. When it arrived, she burst into tears and wouldn't eat it. Why, it was from SquareBoys so it wasn't round. She wouldn't believe us that it was indeed pizza, she thought we were playing a trick on her. Stubborn, Mule headed, Strong willed even as a child, she knew what was what and what she wanted. No substitutes allowed. LOL

     Now for Greta's questions.

1. What kids' show do you detest, and which one do you secretly watch when your kids aren't around?
The Teletubbies kind of freak me out. I've had the pleasure of meeting the Wiggles and Sharon, Lois and Bram, some of the rudest, most miserable customers ever so not fond of them either.
Darkwing Duck or the Thundercats-love both cartoon series

2.  If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Shorts and a t-shirt. Although dressing up is fun once and a while, I hate wearing a lot of clothes and prefer to go bare foot.

3. If you could start over completely with a brand new Facebook account and ditch the one you have, would you have the same number of friends, fewer friends, or more friends?
That's a tough one just because of who is actually on my Facebook page, I'm gonna go with more, huge family, friends who have scattered to the four corners of the world, you know the drill.

4. If you could retire tomorrow (or if all of your kids were in school), what would you do with your days?
Travel, garden, cook, write, research my family history how much space do I have to list things?

5. What toy from your childhood do you secretly wish you could still play with?
My Mechanno set, I loved building things and sorry, Lego just isn't the same.

6. What is your favorite movie of all time?
This is a tough one, favourite of all time????
Sunset Boulevard with Gloria Swanson, Brilliant
Gilda, with Rita Hayworth, there's a reason they called her the love goddess
Breakfast at Tiffany's, who can compare to Audrey Hepburn
The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock, the first movie to give me nightmares

7. If you could spend a week with any celebrity and couldn't leave his/her side the whole time, who would you want to spend it with?
This would be torture for me, a solid week tied to anyone.
For enjoyment, P!nk, David Guetta, Richard Butler, David Bowie (and I get a bonus with Iman) or Britney Spears, (just to watch the crazy)
For different enjoyment, Gordon Ramsey so I could smack him every time he's a dick.

8. What is the first thing you would say to that celebrity?
Why are you always such a dick?

9. Do you have any major regrets in your life?
Major regrets, hmmm. Hard to say, without the mistakes we make we never grow into the people we are. Sure I've made lots of mistakes, lots and lots and lots but I'm going to have to go with no on this one although I reserve the right to change my mind at some later date.

10. If you could choose any (other) profession, what would it be?
Food critic, I'd be huge but imagine getting paid to eat. Bliss

11. What song do you crank up the loudest in your car and sing along to?
Right now, Raise your glass by P!nk, Sexy and I know It by LMFAO or What the Hell by Avril Lavigne. I never said I had taste.

     Phew, that was harder than I thought. So now I'm supposed to think of 11 questions and tag 11 others.

The questions:
1 Famous or respected? Why?
2 Who's your hero? (can be real or fictional)
3 If you won an obscene amount of money in the lottery what would you do with it?
4 Least endearing quality?
5 If you had to give up one of your senses what would you sacrifice, taste, touch, sight, hearing or smell?
6 Biggest time waster?
7 Books or e-readers? Why?
8 Most hated household chore?
9 What instantly gets your back up/annoys you?
10 What is hardest for you to forgive?
11 What is the one thing that always makes you smile/lifts your spirits?
     So now for the tags. It seems everyone on the interweb has been tagged lately so if your reading this, TAG, You're it.(If you want) Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, thanks for sharing "insider" info on your cousin Leslie. It's fun to read that kinda thing. The songs you like listening to... on my dily playlist, too. My middle daughter has a huge thing for Avril Lavigne right now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lies I tell ya! All lies! LOL
      sure, tell the crying over pizza story, but not the one where I get tied up with binder twine in the hayloft. although, that actually might have been another cousin. there are so many of us....it's such a blur. LOL

      but he isn't lying about one thing: he does have really great hair! :)

      Delete
    2. ROFL. Lies, I think not. I remember being sure we were going to get in trouble because 1 you wouldn't eat and 2 you cried for ever thinking the two of us were playing a mean trick on you. Like Sherry and I would LOL Yes that was us with the baler twine too, Hide and Seek with a twist. No counting, you just had to get free. How we all survived is truly a miracle. Just remember, Deb and Leonard taught us LOL
      Susi, I'm partial to Avril too. She's from the area and I think despite her choices of material sometimes she really has an incredible voice.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, I hope you enjoyed your time in the "Kitchen".